- The Bank views your personal data and privacy seriously. This Policy is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
- Individuals may have supplied and may continue from time to time, supply the Bank with their personal data and information (“Data”) in connection with credit facilities with the Bank, provision of services to/from the Bank, job application, enquiry for information and/or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities. The Bank may have also obtained Data from third parties sources (both public and private) which may include credit reporting agencies, insurance companies, medical institutions and statutory bodies.
- Such Data may include information concerning your personal particulars (such as name, identity card number, race, bumiputra status, nationality, date and place of birth etc.), contact details (such as address, telephone number, email, emergency contact details etc.), family member(s) particulars (such as name, identity card number, telephone numbers, nationality, address etc). In addition, the Bank may from time to time request for certain other personal information that may be relevant for the Bank to consider your request for credit facilities/services/job application etc.
- The supply of your Data to the Bank is necessary in connection with the provision of facilities/services by the Bank. Failure to supply such Data may result in the Bank being unable to establish, continue or provide the facilities/services or comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- The purposes for which Data may be used are as follows:-
- processing and appraisal of credit facilities;
- performance of transactions or contracts;
- reference for business purposes;
- audit purposes;
- legal/contractual obligations of the Bank;
- for security purposes (including in regards to CCTV images);
- other related matters.
- Data held by the Bank will be kept confidential, but the Bank may provide or disclose such Data to the following parties (whether within or outside Malaysia) for the purposes set out in paragraph 6 (who may also subsequently process, transfer or disclose such Data for the purposes set out in paragraph 6):
- any agent, contractor, lawyers, auctioneers, valuers or third party service provider who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, audit, financial, tax consultation, payment or other services to the Bank in connection with operation of its business;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Bank including any SDB subsidiaries which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any person to whom the Bank is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Bank or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which the Bank is expected to comply;
- third party financial institutions, insurers, insurance companies, medical institutions etc in connection with operation of the Bank’s business.
- Under and in accordance with the provisions of the PDPA and the Code of Practice approved and issued under the PDPA, any individual may:
- check whether the Bank holds data about him/her and/or access to such Data;
- request the Bank to correct any Data relating to him/her which is inaccurate;
- request clarification on the Bank’s policies and practices in relation to Data and to be informed of the kind of Data held by the Bank;
- in relation to facilities and employment, to request to be informed which items of Data are routinely disclosed to agencies/statutory bodies.
- Individuals can request for access to Data or correction of Data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Data held by written request to the following:-
Head, Human Resource
Sabah Development Bank Bhd
SDB Tower, WismaTunFuad Stephens,
Km 2.4, JalanTuaran,
P.O. Box 12172, 88824 Kota Kinabalu,
- Request Forms are made available at the website www.sabahdevbank.com
- If you do not want us to further disclose or retain your Data, please contact us at the address stated in paragraph 9. Please be informed that Data provided by you shall be retained as long as the purposes for which the Data was collected continue to exist; such Data will then be destroyed permanently unless it is to be retained to meet any legal and/or regulatory requirement or to protect the Bank’s legitimate interest.